Saturday, August 20, 2016

The One by Kiera Cass

2 stars

“Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway.

Ugh, I thought it would only be right to review this since I reviewed The Selection and The Elite. I am also needed to really exhaust my bookshelf for content for my blog. So here it is.

Basically, I suggest you read my reviews of The Selection and The Elite because a lot of my thoughts from those reviews still stand.
18635016

I feel like the plot was absolutely exhausted, I don’t think it was necessary to have three books, two yeah okay but not three. You could tell because the plot was everywhere, everything was pretty random and didn’t contribute a huge role towards the end and I’m sort of confused about it. I expected everything to be tied together and for things to be more final but nothing really happened. The series didn’t really end with a bang for me, I mean it did end with something but for some reason it didn’t just leave me feeling like it was finished. I felt like there should have been more, it kind of just fizzled out. It felt like there should’ve been more but there wasn’t.

Also, I wanted to mention this in my last review but decided to leave it out for this one. America makes a ridiculous amount of mistakes. Not just ‘oh whoops, my shoes on the wrong foot, silly me’ no, it’s more like ‘maybe I should embarrass the king on live tv while the whole country watches, good idea’. How can someone make this many dumb mistakes, does this girl have no awareness of consequences? And every single time she’s like crap, I screwed up again why does this always happen to me. Maybe you should think at least one step into the future, maybe? America literally doesn’t think anything through. I’ve definitely made my fair share of mistakes but certainly not on the scale she has. Would she not learn? Like ‘oh maybe I should think my next public appearance through a bit more and not do something like that’ ugh ugh ugh. She’s so frustrating and she just got more frustrating as the series went on.

Also, for some unknown reason I can’t stop thinking about bloody Maxon and America. Why can’t I go to sleep without thinking about them? I don’t bloody know. I’ll be in the middle of maths class and then I’ll remember that one thing Maxon said to America that was sweet. Has Kiera Cass brainwashed me? I don’t know and I hope I can move on soon. I also read this series incredibly quick and I don’t know how, I haven’t read like that in ages. It definitely got me out of a reading slump. Mostly, I’m just very confused about why these books have me feeling this way but I’m kind of happy they have since I haven’t felt this much about a book in a while.

All in all, the series was okay. I can’t say much more than that, it definitely made me feel all sorts of things which I guess is pretty good but it just was so frustrating. Maybe had America had more common sense, I’d have been less confused about my feelings on the series but I just don’t know about it. I definitely will give The Heir a try because I know the bachelor thing is right up my alley and maybe the characters will be more bearable, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment