Monday, August 01, 2016

July wrap up

It feels like not that long ago I was writing my June wrap up and now here I am again, writing my July wrap up. I can already feel my year picking up speed as we draw closer to the end. So many things happening and so many things yet to be organised which means less time for personal reading but you lose some, you get some.

This month I read:
  • A Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin
  • The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff
  • Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
So, it hasn't been a huge reading month for me but the three books I did read were big winners in my mind. And, come on, A Game of Thrones is a huge book and I've been reading A Clash of Kings which is even bigger. The series might set me back on my books read this year but god, if we counted the pages rather than the books I'm sure I'd be going strong. They might be slowing me down but I'm loving them which is what really counts. The Danish Girl was an amazing read and was incredibly interesting, I would absolutely recommend. Although, I have to say Glass Sword left me feeling pleasantly surprised yet somewhat disappointed at the same time which was very confusing. I can't stop thinking about if I actually liked it or not which is very similar to how I felt with Red Queen. No doubt I will read the next book though, I have to stick it out to the end!

Watch out for reviews, I have them for all three very soon. Coming to a Sunday near you as soon as possible.

I haven't really done a lot in July except going back to school from our two week break and having a lot of rehearsals. It hasn't been all that interesting but it doesn't need to be, the next few months will be interesting enough for me. I could almost call this the call before the storm. I hope you've read some books that you've loved and I hope you've done some things you've loved. Hopefully July was good to you. I'd love to hear if you did anything interesting in July or what books you read.

I am so excited for August as I have finally acquired some of the books I've been dying to read. I hope I love them just as much as I'm hoping I will. I'd love to know what you plan on reading in August so do tell me in the comments. My first August read will be the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child play book which I absolutely can not wait for, I'm sure I won't be able to shut up about it for quite some time afterwards.

I still cannot believe have fast this year is going, only four more months to go. I can't wait to see what exciting things August holds for me. I hope August treats you all well. I hope you all achieve something you'd hoped to achieve. I hope that you read some really amazing books (if you do, I'd love to know which ones). So, have a fantastic August everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment