Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Best Parents in YA

I've been wanting to write this post for a while because I love seeing awesome parents in YA. I can already guarantee I will forget at least one book with some brilliant parents but, here we go.

Lara Jean's Dad in To All The Boys I've Loved Before
How awesome in Lara Jean's dad? He is the best. He loves all his daughters with all his heart and it really shows. He is so supportive of them and takes such good care of them I think it's fantastic. Its awesome to see some good representation of a good single dad.

Tris' Mum in Divergent
I'm not the biggest fan of the Divergent trilogy but I love Tris' mum. She is so great and I love that she was willingly to fight alongside her daughter and for her daughter. It was great, she's a kick ass kind of mum and I appreciate that a lot.

Molly and Cassie's mums in The Upside of Unrequited
The girls' mums are so lovely. They are so supportive and patient and I love them a lot. I also think it was really important that they were such good mums because it doesn't matter if it's a mum and a dad or only a mum or only a dad or two dads or two mums, a good parent is a good parent.

Cath and Wren's Dad in Fangirl
Another single dad and I don't think he's the last on this list either. I think I have a soft spot for good dads in YA because media is so populated with stories of crappy dads. You can tell that Wren and Cath's dad love them so much and they are such a big part of his world, just like Lara Jean's dad. He's a sweetheart.

Mr and Mrs Weasley from Harry Potter
Could this be a best parents post without the Weasleys? They are both so pure and wonderful. They took Harry in and treated him as their own without a second thought. They have so much love in their hearts for their kids and they are so phenomenal.

Mia's Parents in If I Stay
Mia's parents were so cool. I totally loved them and they may have been my favourite part of book. I loved that they cared so much for Mia and Teddy and spending time with them was such a big priority. Musician parents are also just cool to have.

Those are all the parents I could think of right off the top of my head but I can assure you, there are plenty more. If you can think of any more, I'd love to know.

8 comments:

  1. I agree with all of these! Especially Mia's parents, I thought they were the coolest people ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, Cath and Wren's dad from Fangirl, yes! Such an awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list!! I always get so annoyed when parents are either horribly developed or completely ignored in YA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a lot of these in my TTT Mother's/Father's day posts. I didn't think of Tris' mom, but she was pretty great.

    ReplyDelete