Monday, August 29, 2016

A letter to Min

Dear Min,

You are such an unusual girl who doesn't find herself wanting to conform to societies standards. As a teenage girl, I'm wondering, how? People make fun of you, Min. They say stupid crap. How does that not affect you? Or does it? You didn't even conform to your friends standards when you began dating Ed, they told you he was a stupid basketballer, that you weren't that girl. I guess you weren't, Min.

My heart aches for you, how did it feel when you realised all the signs? Did you feel like an idiot? I would have. God, I would have. How long did it take you to realise all the things you missed? Did you remember all at once or do things still come back to you now? I am sincerely sorry he did that to you, Min. You were a good girlfriend and let me tell you, you did nothing wrong. He was the one who did something wrong. You just got caught in all his mess.

Let me be completely honest with you, Min. I know he told you he loved you, I know it seemed like he did. I think he thought he loved you but I don't think he did. I don't thik he well and truly did. I think he still thinks of you some times because you were different but Min, don't you ever go back to him. Don't you dare. I know you have friends who will tell you that and I know you'll still have that pain in your heart that reminds you not to do it. Just because Ed claimed to love you doesn't mean he'll be the only one to ever love you. Keep being you, Min and there'll be a line up of people wanting to love you.

I want you to know that you did the right thing by getting rid of the things that remained of your love because it wasn't worth keeping, Min. It wasn't true, it wasn't a love worth keeping. Remember it though, Min, remember what he did because it might keep you safe. Remember how you loved him and he tore your heart out. Remember all the things he took from you but don't keep holding on, you'll only hurt yourself.

I admire your strength, Min. I want you to know that. I want you to know that you are worthy of love, let Ed know that he didn't break you. That now you are stronger than ever. Show him what he threw away. Keep doing your thing, Min. I'm rooting for you.

Sincerely,
Brooklyn xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment