Monday, August 15, 2016

A letter to Vivi

Dear Vivi,

First of all, I hope you're looking after yourself. I would hate for you to go back down that dark hole again. I hope that you are back to being that bright and optimistic girl we first met. You are a ray of sunshine and I hope you're yet again bringing light into peoples lives.
25663637
You really taught me what bipolar disorder is and it isn't romantic or quirky. Its devastatingly destructive, it's not just minor fluctuating moods. I appreciate you for that, although it broke my heart. I appreciate the new understanding and in a way I'm grateful for your downfall otherwise I would've still been so ignorant.

I wonder if you're still in contact with Jonah and his family, I hope they're still going just as well as they were when we last saw them. Do you miss them often? Do they the memories of your incident? Are you glad you left to go back to your normal life? Or do you regret? I wonder if they miss you, I bet they do.

Was it easy to slot back into your normal life? Did everyone accept you back into their lives? I hope they did, I hope you told them that you're bipolar. If you did, I hope they understood and didn't hold it against you for too long if not at all. I assume there were a few people who were complete dickheads about it and still are either because they don't understand or don't want to but there'll always be those people. I hope you don't let them bother you, they can only bother you if you let them.

I really wish you all the best, Vivi. You're story taught me a lot and is one of my favourites. I want you to remember to look after yourself, take the medication that has been prescribed to you. Don't just think you don't need it, Doctors know more than you, Vivi. I want you to enjoy your life without your bipolar disorder getting in the way, you deserve that. Remember that the things that you've done were beyond your control and now you can only learn from them, use them as a reminder to do as your doctors tell you to prevent you from getting bad again. Have a happy life, Vivi!

Sincerely,
Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment