Saturday, August 13, 2016

The Elite by Kiera Cass


2 stars
“It wasn’t like I made his world better. It was like I was his world. It wasn’t some explosion; it wasn’t fireworks. It was a fire, burning slowly from the inside out.”


Right, so to dive right in. I liked The Selection, please hear me out, it fulfilled my greatest guilty pleasure which is a book edition of The Bachelor. To be completely honest even though the quality of this book was not that great it still kind of is my guilty little pleasure and I probably will go back.
16248068

I wanted a bit more war with the rebels. I was really hoping for a bit more to do with the rebels, I thought that would be really redeeming but nope, that didn’t happen. I’m so interested in the rebels and their motives and plans and everything about them. I want to know more and I want more to happen there.

*Minor spoilers*

America and Maxon frustrate the hell out of me. I’m going to try to remain calm while I rant but I can’t promise anything. So, one minute America loves Maxon, oh but then she sees Aspen and oh my, she doesn’t want to let him go. No, you can only have one, surely you can’t really love the either of them if it’s so hard for you to choose for god’s sake. Maybe I’m being ignorant but it really annoys me. And then there’s bloody Maxon who can’t decide what he bloody wants, one minute he’s 100% ready to settle down with America and then he’s spending all this time with Kriss. Just pick a bloody girl, you selfish prick. Ugh, when I read about love I want it to be the ‘you’re the only one for me’ kind of thing not ‘I’m keeping Kriss just in case you screw up’ or ‘I claim I want to be with you but then I see my ex and make out with him’. No no no no no. I’ve gone completely against my no spoiler rule but to be honest I really don’t care. It really frustrates me, their love doesn’t feel real to me and when I read about two people ‘in love’ I want to feel their love radiating from the pages.

I don’t have much else to say now that I’ve gotten my rant out so I think I might end it there. I liked The Selection, wasn’t a fan of this. I wanted to enjoy it but it just didn’t meet my expectations and hopes for it. It just did not ‘wow’ me and it didn’t even ‘oh cool’ me, it just sort of ‘alright, onto the next one I guess’ed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment