Monday, September 05, 2016

The Ultimate Book Tag

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Yes! Which sucks big time seeing as I travel via car so much. It feels like such wasted time if I'm not using it to read.

2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Hmm, I'd have to say Sarah Ayoub has a pretty unique writing style, I've only read one of her books but her storytelling was different and quite interesting. She's not that unique but I just thought the way she told stories was really cool and I haven't seen it before.

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter all the way!
- I love the characters
- Umm, magic?!?
- Hogwarts wins everything

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
Not a book bag but I do usually put a book in my bag if I'm going out for an extended period and I know I'll have time for it. I usually have whatever I'm reading in my school bag but that can be nerve racking because once my water leaked all over my Insurgent and Allegiant copies and now they're all funny but they weren't too badly damaged which is a major plus.

 5. Do you smell your books?
Oh, Absolutely. They smell so good, and has anyone else noticed some smell stronger than others? Why is that? If anyone knows please tell me.

 6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I mean, I don't have anything against either of them but it really depends for me. Sometimes I think it can be a little tacky but sometimes it helps add to the story so it depends.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Hmm, there's a lot. Probably the biggest for me were John Greens books, don't think I'm bashing him here, he's done more than I could dream of. Nonetheless, when I first got into reading I adored his books and through rereading and just general thinking about it, I've kind of realised they aren't as great as I used to think they were. I guess I just grew out of them. Still entertaining reads though.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
That's hard. Thinking about it, I remember when I was about 8 or 9 I had a bit of a resentment for novels (if only 8 or 9 year old Brooklyn could see me now) but my mum told me all the other kids were reading novels and I was going to seem silly if I kept reading picture books my whole life. So, I found somewhat of a compromise and began illustrating my novels *collective gasp*. Now, looking back on it, I almost shudder at the though of drawing on a book.

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The thinnest book on my shelf is either The Perks of Being a Wallflower or Nick and Norahs Infinite Playlist. It's hard to tell which one is thinner. Although, page count wise, they aren't that small. Interesting how size works like that.

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
I don't even have to look to know it's A Game of Thrones. It's a huge freaking book.

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I write here and then, nothing special, just for the sake of it. Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed by the desire to write. I'd like to at least publish a book one day but I am only a teenager so I mean, it could be a while off. I wouldn't expecting my name on the 2017 new releases list at least.

12. When did you get into reading?
Well, I've always been a reader on and off but when I was 13 I started reading and never stopped. You can see my whole reading journey more in depth here.



13. What is your favorite classic book?
Well, I absolutely adore both Little Women and Jane Eyre. I honestly don't know if I could choose between the two. I remember when I was about 11 my mum recommended Jane Eyre to me but I didn't really read past the first couple of chapters, I read it again last year. Properly and I loved it. I got the purple leather bound edition  of Little Women for Christmas in 2014 so I think I read it last year too in the early months and loved it as well.

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Oh yes, I've always just been a natural at it. I've always had a wider vocabulary than a lot of the other kids in my classes too which teachers have commented on a lot. I used to find myself dumbing down my vocab when I spoke to peers but I've since learned to love my vocab and now I have a bit of a love for odd words and things.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
That's thankfully never happened to me but I'd probably pass it on to someone else or donate it to a library or second hand store.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I actually don't know of that many lesser known series' and even less that are similar to Harry Potter of The Hunger Games. I don't really have an answer for this question, shame.

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
Well, I don't film but I blog and I'd say my worst blogging habit is going completely off topic. Thankfully, if I've gone too far off topic I can just take it out, easy as pie but I find myself doing it all the time.

18. What is your favourite word?
I swear I have a different favourite word every day. It used to be lovely for a long time but right now I think my favourite word is adore. I've used it various times in just this times. I also love adorable and adoring. There's a lot of magnificent words out there.

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
God, all of the above!

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
I like fairies. I feel like vampires are a bit over used (although, I won't turn one down). I love the whole magic and beauty and all that surrounding fairies. There's just something that draws me to them.

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
I like shapeshifters, I think they're really interesting and I'm kind of intrigued by them. I haven't read that many books with either of them but I do have a really cool book about a shapeshifter on my shelf which I've read a good couple of times, it's called Shift by Em Bailey and I would recommend. It was a super cool book.

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves for the simple reason being I haven't read a book with a spirit in it before.

23. Zombies or Vampires?
I'd have to say vampires here, I've never seen the appeal of zombies. I don't know why, they've just never taken my fancy.

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Hmm, I want to say both. I must be the only reader on earth to like a good love triangle. It has to be written well though, if it is a sloppy love triangle then I could do without. They're way over done but it doesn't exactly stop me from liking them so.

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Depends on my mood but right now I'm going action packed with a few love scenes. Although, that changes every other day.





No comments:

Post a Comment