Wednesday, July 05, 2017

A June Book Haul

If you follow me on twitter, you've probably seen my various tweets complaining about my book buying ban. I'm trying to save up for a new trumpet right now so at the beginning of the year I told myself  'no more books'. And I've stuck to it pretty well. I've accumulated a small collection of books over the past couple of days so I wanted to show it to you just to do something a bit different. P.S, I was going to take my own artsy pictures of these but I waited too long and now it's dark so Goodreads will be my lifesaver once again.

Image resultBegin, End, Begin: A #LoveOzYA Anthology
I kind of love anthologies and when I saw this in store, I knew I had to buy. I'm definitely a bit late but better late than never. I've already read this one and I loved it so much. It's got me adding so many new books to my TBR. It is absolutely gorgeous and looks beautiful on my shelves. It was definitely worth it.

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone 20th anniversary edition
My mum is currently away for work. She is staying somewhere with a Dymocks and where we live, there is not one. In fact, I think we have about three book stores in total and they're all independently owned so they don't have a huge stock. So, my absolute angel of a mother asked me if there was anything I wanted and I said no because I always feel guilty about my mum spending money on me. She knew I really wanted this though and when she came back for the weekend and showed me I was ecstatic. It's beautiful. I got the Ravenclaw one because I am a Ravenclaw and mum knew I wasn't a huge fan of the paperbacks so she got me the hardcover. It is gorgeous and I am so in love.

The Secret Science of Magic by Melissa Keil
28052476Another Dymocks buy from my beautiful mother. I was really excited about this because I read the OzYA Anthology and I loved Melissa Keil's story. I hasn't read any of her books but after reading her short story, I really wanted to. I'm so excited, mum got the last signed copy! I knew Dymocks did signed copies but it didn't even occur to me that there would be any there. I love it so much and I'm so excited to read it.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Okay, so the next couple of books I bought at a used book fair where I live. I didn't realise it was on until my parents told me and they knew I'd want to check it out. I didn't think I'd find anything. A lot of it was chick lit and other books with spines so cracked I could hardly make out a title. I found Gone Girl though and it was one of those books that I kind of wanted to read but didn't want to commit to buying so this was really convenient for me. The three books I bought cost $6.30 at 90c per cm of spine. So it was an absolute bargain and they were all in pretty good condition.

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Yet another buy that I didn't want to commit to full price for. I'm just interested in this, I've heard a lot of things and I kind of think it would be fun to pull apart, I know it's studied a lot in schools. So anyway, I just saw it there and thought it looked like it was in good condition and I wouldn't mind giving it a go.



8 comments:

  1. I loved The Great Gatsby!! It's such an easy to read classic and the atmosphere is so magical! It was unlike anything I had ever read. I also really liked Gone Girl too, but it will seriously make you rethink everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I've heard so many mixed things about The Great Gatsby, I'm excited to read it.

      Delete
  2. The Great Gatsby was one of my favorite high school English class reads! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul! Can't wait to see what you think of The Great Gatsby! I'll admit that I didn't really care for it the first time I read it. But I really enjoyed it the second time around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Gatsby is incredible!!

    I gave your blog a follow, and I would truly appreciate it if you could check out my book reviews blog located at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow as well! Looking forward to reading more of your reviews!

    - El

    ReplyDelete