Saturday, April 01, 2017

Prodigy by Marie Lu

4 stars

"He is beauty inside and out.
He is the silver lining in a world of darkness.
He is my light."

13414446Bloody hell, this got me straight in those feels. My exacts thoughts as I read through the last twenty or so pages were no Day baby, I love you. Don't let this happen. I feel like that pretty well describes my relationship with the series so far. I loved this, a lot.

Firstly, you've probably gathered that I love Day. Just yesterday I wrote a review for Shadow and Bone where I claimed I really loved Mal but that's all gone out the window now as I've been reunited with my Day. He is probably my new favourite person ever, I wish he would come to life so I could shower him in love and kisses.

Anyway, I love all the fun action. There's all this kind of mystery throughout the book. No one really knew what was really going on but now we know and I'm super excited for the last book. It really kept me interested because there was always something I wanted to know more about.

I've always enjoyed the rebel sort of books but this is kind of like spin on those rebel books. I can't really think of a book I'd be able to accurately compare this to. I could have easily found some to compare Legend to but this one really took a spin. I'll enforce again that I am ridiculous amounts of excited to read Champion. I think Prodigy has really set up a good ground for Champion to stand on so I really look forward to seeing what Marie Lu has done with it to wrap up the trilogy.

I love this trilogy so far. I feel like I've really connected with June and Day (who I ship so much btw). Plus, I'm actually very excited for the next book which isn't always that common for me with a series. I'm super nervous for Day, please let him be okay! I feel very invested in Day at this point and I'm very much hoping for a happy ending for him and June.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it! I read this series so long ago but I remember enjoying it well enough. The ages of the characters bothered me that was the only thing I think. Fun series. Great review!
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I remember thinking it was a bit strange that they were so young when I first read Legend.

      Delete