Friday, June 30, 2017

June 2017 Wrap Up

Okay, the first half of the year is officially over. I've been so busy that it's flown by. It's so crazy. June has been pretty eventful for me, so let's just dive straight into what happened in June.

I read:
Begin, End, Begin: A LoveOzYA Anthology
The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord
The Circus by Olivia Levez
Maus by Art Spiegelman
The Laramie Project by Moises Kaufman and members of The Tectonic Theater Company
The Secret River (Script) by Andrew Bovell

Looking back, I read a lot more than I thought so I'm pretty impressed. That being said, three of them were for revision before the English exam I had on Wednesday. I loved the LoveOzYa Anthology, it was absolutely awesome and I think I've got the review scheduled in the next few weeks so, be on the look out. I also really loved The Names They Gave Us. When We Collided was one of my favourite books last year and my love for it inspired me to start blogging because wanted to talk about it a lot and that I did. So, Emery Lord is kind of an important author to me and I'm hoping to read more of her books in the near future. But, to get to my point, I was incredibly excited when Bloomsbury sent it to me and I loved it to bits and pieces. The Circus was meh, there were things I didn't really get and I didn't love it. The rest were rereads for school and I'll spare you my opinions since I've already done at least a hundred and one assignments on what I think of them plus an exam.

One the topic of exams, I've done three this week with two to go next week. June has been full and studying and stress. On Wednesday, I did English and biology. Today I did music theory which leaves maths and music prac to go. Yay. I'm really looking forward to it being over and to have some holidays.

On the third of the month I had my one year blogiversary which was pretty exciting. It was a pretty big thing for me because I didn't think I'd make it this long and honestly, I'm pretty impressed with how I've done. It was a good feeling and I'm looking forward to the next year of blogging and seeing how much further I can go.

I think that's about it so, as always, I hope you've had a great month and an even better one in July. I'd love to know what you've been up to in June!

7 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary! I'm kinda late but better late than never haha.
    I have my final exams this week and next week as well. I started with Math and it went good, I'm so eager for school to end and to finally have some peace.
    I haven't read anything written by Emery Lord but I want to. I'm so glad you found When We Collided and started blogging!
    Have a beautiful day and I wish you good luck at school :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! I hope you get to give one of her books a go soon.

      Delete
  2. Oh The Laramie Project is such a tough read, but so important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Very important and I'm glad it's something that is being looked at in schools.

      Delete
    2. Agreed!! When I was in high school we had a group come over and preform the play. It was so heartbreaking!

      Delete
  3. Happy Blog Anniversary! (I can't believe you've only been blogging a year - why are people (you) so talented?! My first year consisted of me barely remembering I had a blog, lol.)

    ReplyDelete