Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

5 Stars

“I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.”

19063Wow. Why did no one ever tell me how amazing The Book Thief is? Honestly, I'm kind of mad I didn't read this sooner. It was incredible and so different from anything I've ever read.

I think it is so amazingly cool that death is the narrator, it's like nothing I've read. It adds so much more depth to something otherwise simple. It's something I never would have thought of but now I'm like that's incredible. It makes so much sense too, given the war setting. Death is busy yet he's still been touched by this girls incredible story. It's fantastic.

I feel so attached to each of the characters. I feel as though I know all of them and I have a soft spot for them. I think it is so powerful when a writer can do that, Marjus Zusak did it. He made these charaters and these stories on this paper come to life for me and others too, I'm sure. The story becomes so much more engaging that way.

Liesel is an angel, I love her so much. She is just wonderful, she understands things. Liesel is a clever girl and she loves hard. I just think she deserves everything in the world and certainly not what she did get. Liesel had a huge bloody heart and I think that really is what makes the book a 5 stars for me. I can't explain Liesel, she is just such an amazing character. There will never be a perfect adjective for Liesel and all that she is. I love Rudy and oh my god, Liesel and Rudy are so gorgeous together. I love the whole air around Rudy, the cockiness and the cheekiness. Love it. He's my kind of character, I just have so much love for him. He and Liesel are so precious.

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who hasn't read it, no doubt about it. It was indescribable and I need everyone to experience it's excellance. It absolutely wowed me and has now won number 1 spot in my favourties so far this year. It'll be hard to beat.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't met anyone who didn't love this book. I'm so happy you're one of those people now too!

    ReplyDelete