Saturday, June 04, 2016

Outsiders by Tammy Ferebee

4.5 Stars
27264155
"But I'm beginning to realise that we've connected because whatever I am, she is too."

I loved this! It was a perfect combination of everything I love in YA. It had romance (I am a giant sop when it comes to romance), it had action, it had originality plus an awesome, kick ass main character.

I loved Jaylen, I think she is the perfect character for this book. She's strong, well spoken and has an 'I don't need a man' attitude, that is of course until Michael comes along. I feel like I can relate to Jaylen on many levels which made me feel like I could connect to the book a lot better. She one of the best characters I've read about in a while.

It was a bit insta-love but the insta-love was explained and it wasn't your typical 'omg he's so hot and funny, I love him' no, it was valid and well executed. I liked the relationship between Michael and Jaylen, it reminded me a lot of the sort of relationship Tris and Tobias had in the Divergent series in the way that their love and connection was very deep and they both go very out of their way to protect the other. I liked that Michael and Jaylen still had the typical teenager love all while facing the sorts of things they were facing, they still went to prom, had a blow out over something silly, and all the other typical things, it felt more real to me that way.

I loved the plot, its very original or at least I haven't read anything like it before. It was perfectly captivating and the build up was great. Also, they ending was fantastic, I love the vague endings that leave you wanting more and that it certainly did although I love Jaylen so much I'd probably read about her getting groceries.

I don't have any negatives worth mentioning really, I'm just filled with positives about this book. I can't wait for the next Outsiders book. If you love YA, then this is a must read for you. I will be raving to my friends about this one for sure. I truly wish this author and this story success.

Have you read Outsiders? Let me know your thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment