Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

4 Stars

“I knew they would kill me when they found out, but…” He struggled for words, releasing a sharp breath. “I think I realized that I would rather die because I betrayed them, than live because I betrayed you.”

13206760The Lunar Chronicles, more like The Ship Chronicles.

First Prince Kai and Cinder and now Scarlet and Wolf. The ships are getting out of hand and I'm lead to believe they get even more insane. My little shipping heart can not wait. But, seriously, I love the tension and build up between these people. They are written really well. Reading so many books has desensitised me so when I feel my heart really pulling at these sorts of things, it's usually a great sign. It's all very lush and gorgeous.

I was addicted to Cinder and I was addicted to this. Wowzas trousers. I couldn't put it down. It took me a bit to get going but once I was going there was no bloody stopping me. I was going, going, gone. It is the most additive book series I've read in forever. I'm so in love with it. I love the feeling of being that immersed in a book. It's like I'm a junkie but a book junkie.

Scarlet's storyline added onto Cinder's added more depth to the story which I really enjoyed. I wasn't sure about it when I started because I loved Cinder so much I didn't want to read about anyone else. But, once I realised I was still reading about Cinder, just Scarlet as well, I was quite content. I loved the way the stories intertwined, it was done really well. It gave me another really orgasmic bookish feeling of realising how everything is relevant to everything else. Except this happens to me rarely because for some ungodly reason, I'm a completely oblivious reader. It sure did this time though and it gave me a real boost in self confidence.

I loved it. I don't know why I haven't given it 5 stars, it just doesn't feel right yet. I think I'm saving the 5 stars for the big guns. What if the next books are eons better and I have to rate them 5 because that's my highest rating? Horror story. But, it was the best sequel I could've asked for and I am so pumped for Cress. I'm usually exaggerating when I say things like that but this time, I'm for real. This is one of the best series' I've read in a while and definitely the best this year. (Haha *nudge, nudge* get it? Because I only read it on the fourth of Jan). I still have no doubts it'll make it to my 2017 favourites, that's right, I'm calling it. Risky move but just you wait and see. I really, really love it, okay?

Also, please note. I thought I already posted this but alas, I did not. I posted my Cress review instead. It was only when frantically searching for it I realised I never published this and now I feel like a bit of a ning nong so please excuse the fact that my reviews are slightly out of order.

6 comments:

  1. I love this series. Keep going! It just keeps getting better and better. I love the next one, Cress. Hope you do too! Also, make sure to read Fairest before Winter for a glimpse into the evil queen's mind. Such a great series!
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'll have to remember that! Fairest sounds great but I wasn't exactly sure when would be a good time to read it. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. 'The Ship Chronicle' made me LOL hahaha. Given where the group goes in the future, that's probably even more accurate. :D Hope you enjoy the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this series! I hope you enjoy the others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling I had when I finished Scarlet: WHERE IS CRESS I HAVE TO START IT NOOOOOWWWW. The series definitely keeps improving.
    Hope you enjoy Cress!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete