Thursday, August 31, 2017

August 2017 Wrap Up

I feel like it's been such a long time since I've actually had a sit down and written a post. I've been insanely busy and insanely stressed but that is something I think I might have a chat about in another post. Today, I'm doing one of my favourite kinds of posts, a wrap up. Yayy!

This month I read:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
Cress by Marissa Meyer

Okay, so I will admit I read fair bit this month. I finished off my Harry Potter reread and I loved it. I am in the process of writing a lengthy, chatty post about it. So definitely stay tuned for that. I'm also trying to knock off a few more series' before the end of the year, hence Blue Lily, Lily Blue and Cress. Hopefully I can manage to bowl over The Raven Boys and The Lunar Chronicles pretty soon. I didn't read any contemporaries this month which might be why I had such a stressful and emotional month.

This month on the blog I've been a bit inactive. I've been mostly posting reviews because I'm just tired and I always have plenty of reviews. I've been terribly slack at visiting other blogs too. But, I'm hoping to manage my time a bit better in September. I also have a long weekend coming up that I'm hoping to do some blogging in. We'll see.

This month in life stuff has been hectic. I did my driving assessment yesterday, I failed because I turn corners too wide and didn't consistently check my blind spot. I could rant about it and trust me I already have, I'm not happy that the assessment was completely fair but  it happened and I'll have to get over it. It just got me down a bit because it's been one thing on top of the other recently. I've been crazy busy at school with revision, last minute assessments, retests. Just all that fun stuff. I've been practising my trumpet like crazy. Any spare minute I'm playing. So, it's been a bit. I've never really been stressed like this because in high school none of this really mattered but it does so much this year. But, I'm at least 93% sure I can get through it because I'm made of tough stuff. Or as I'd have myself believe.

So, good reading month. Read some really great books. Bad blogging month. Life is stressful and hard but worth it someday I'm sure but until then I will persist. I hope you've all had a fantastic August and I hope an even better September.

9 comments:

  1. Well, re-reading the Harry Potter series is quite an undertaking, so, it's understandable that you were tired and didn't have a lot of free time. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Harry Potter demands all of your attention and time!

      Delete
  2. Will you be reviewing Cress on your blog? I'd love to know what you thought of it - I'm going to start Scarlet in September :)

    So sorry about the stressful life stuff :( I can definitely relate, and I'm also stressing about what I'll do next year and about finishing high school, etc. It isn't fun :( But I believe you can do it! Stay strong <3
    I really hope you have a more calming September :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll probably have a review for Scarlet up sometime soon and then I can post Cress. Spoiler alert, I really enjoyed it. I hope you enjoy Scarlet!
      Definitely not fun. Thanks Amy <3. Wishing you a calming September too!

      Delete
  3. How did you like Blue Lily? I think it's my favourite of the raven cycle series. I'm sorry you failed your driving test :(( Mune is coming up soon as well and I am equally nervous because I do feel like those tests are unfair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be my favourite so far too. It was really good, I feel like a lot more happened in it than the others. I'm really looking forward to The Raven King. God luck on your driving test!

      Delete
  4. Ugh, I failed my driving assessment twice so I know the feeling. I hope September will be less stressful for you.

    ReplyDelete